Thursday, October 25, 2012

Rugs!


Martha Stewart Living™ Fretwork Area Rug 

I have lived in my home for two and a half years and still have not found the rug I love and can afford. I have searched and searched online, in stores, and even trying to con my parents into taking one of the many oriental rugs they have in their home. 

I purchased this rug from Home Decorators Collection online. It is beautiful in the picture, 100% wool and matched my space perfectly.  I received the rug in the mail and it was more white then beige and not at all comfortable under my feet.  I now know that cheaper is not always better and to be prepared to return the rug if you dont absolutely love it. Here I am two years later still hating this rug and cutting all the places that the loops have pulled from my dog Cooper's nails.


A few possibilities......


Ballard Designs has this Sheridan Wool Rug retailing for $2,199.00 for an 8x10. It matches my Living Room/Dining room Simone Drapes perfectly.  Unless I want to take out a small loan for an area rug that my nine month old will surly spit up on and my dog will pee on the first minute I lay it down.  I have to keep searching.  Isn't it fantastic though!



Sheridan Wool Rug

Here are a few middle of the road possibility from Pottery Barn. They would be dark enough to hide the baby and dog issues. I will have to update you on my progress but for now these are two of my top contenders.  What do you think?



Cecil Rug - Neutral
Pottery Barn - Cecil Rug in Neutral for sale at $509.00
Dalton Shag Rug - Mushroom
Pottery Barn  - Dalton Shag Rug in Mushroom for sale at $676.00

No comments:

Post a Comment